Lactation Boosting - Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip & Flaxseed Cookies
(6 dozen cookies)
* 1-cup butter
* 1-cup sugar * 1 cup brown sugar
* 4-tablespoons water
* 2-tablespoons flaxseed meal*
* 2-large eggs * 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 2-cups flour * 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1-teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons of brewers yeast* (be generous)
* 3-cups oats, thick cut if you can get them
* 1-cup or more chocolate chips
* 1-cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven at 375 degrees F.
Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes.
Cream (beat well) margarine and sugar.
Add eggs one at a time, and mix well.
Stir flaxseed mixture and add vanilla to the margarine mix.
Beat until blended. Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips.
Add to margarine mixture.
Stir in oats then chips.
Scoop or drop onto baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment.
The dough is a little crumbly, so it helps to use a scoop.
Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies.