Thursday, February 14, 2008

Be My Valentine!


Paul is usually the breakfast guy at our house, but one day a year I get up early like 6:00 AM (for me this is, 0-dark-thirty), and put on an amazing breakfast for my family.  This year I used a way cute homespun red and white table cloth.  I always use our special china as opposed to plastic lunch or paper plates.  I put juice in a pitcher as opposed to leaving it in the carton.  I put a little token gift with a small box of chocolates at each place setting, and top it off with heart-shaped waffles.  This year I found a cute little valentine dish at Target and put waffle toppings in it.  Mixed berries, pecans, and chocolate shavings.  And don't forget the Ready Whip.  My family reminds me every year this is one of their favorite memories growing up.   Yep, once again Mom was a hit for Valentines!  The only thing I regret is not taking a picture.  It would have been a very impressive picture to add here, oh well, there's always next year! °Ü°